What is Email Forwarding
Email forwarding allows you to forward email from an email address at your domain to another address , or Pipe your incoming emails to program.
How Email Forwarding Work
For example, you can create an address firstname.lastname@example.org to forward mail to your current AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or any email address on the same domain or to any external domain, etc. address where you would actually pick it up.
How to Add Email Forwarders in cPanel
- Log into the cPanel.
- Navigate to the Mail > Forwarders section.
- On the forwarders page, click Add Forwarder.
- On the Add a New Forwarder page, Fill in the following sections
Address: Type the email address username in the Address to Forward: and select the domain from the drop box the user name is for.
Destination: Type the full email address that you want to forwarder emails to in the text box.
Click Add Forwarder.
Now the Add a New Forwarder page should show:
All email sent to email@example.com will now be copied to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note! You can add multiple email addresses to your forwarder separated by commas to set a forwarder for multiple email addresses at once. Like the following:
You can either forward the e-mail to default system account of the domain
or Using Pipe to a Program :
When piping to a program, you should enter a path relative to your home directory. which need to map to script path of your web site diretory or any applicable path and you have to Make sure that your script is executable
Creating a forwarder through Webmail
- Start by logging into webmail. Remember, you can log into webmail by visiting example.com/webmail. Also be sure to use the full email address as the username and the password associated with the email account you are logging into.
- Now, you will need to verify you are logged into the correct email address and click “Forwarding Options“
- This screen shows you currently have no forwarders set up. Click the “Add Forwarder” button
- Fill in the field with the address to forward to and click “add forwarder“
- Now, go back to “forwarding options” and verify that your forwarder is set up properly!
1,990 total views, 7 views today