Subdomain in cPanel
subdomains is memorable URLs for different content areas of your site. For example, you can create a sub-domain for your blog that is accessible through blog.example.com and www.example.com/blog ,cPanel package allows you to create unlimited sub-domains for your primary domain.
Create Subdomain in cPanel
- Login to your cPanel account.
- in cPanel dashboard locate Domains section then click Subdomains icon.
- On the next Page enter the subdomain ,then select the primary domain from the list , also you can change the default document Root and click Create button, then you can see Success: “yoursubdomain” green message has been created.
- Once you create the subdomain you can browse the contents in two different URL , e.g if you create subdomain support.mydomain.com you can use the URL http://support.mydomain.com or http://www.mydomain.com/support.
Remove Subdomain in cPanel
To remove the subodmain from cPanel
- Login into your cPanel control panel.
- Locate Domains tab and click subdomains icon.
- From the Modify a Subdomain under Action click Remove.
How to Redirect Subdomain to another page in cPanel
cPanel allow you to mange redirection for subdomain , to do so :
- Login to cPanel Control Panel , link look like https://yorudomain.com:2083
- Locate Domains section then click subdomains from your cPanel dashboard.
- From Modify a Subdomain list under Actions click Manage Redirection
- In Redirection Page In the text box, type the URL to which you would like visitors to be redirected if they go to the subdomain and click Save button.now the visitors will redirect to the new page you entered once they visit your subdomain URL
- To Disable Redirection from the same page you can click Disable Redirection button. your will get Message Redirection has been disabled on subdomain .