Exchange 2013 SSL Installation with the Exchange Management Console
After you generate CSR and received the certficate file from the vendor :
You can follow the steps to install the ssl certificate on Exchange Server 2013
Installing with the Exchange Management Console
- Download and open the ZIP file containing your certificate. Your certificate file will be named [DOMAIN NAME].cer.
- Copy the [DOMAIN NAME].cer file to your Exchange 2016 server’s network share folder .
- Access the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) by opening a browser and browsing to the URL of your server (e.g., https://localhost/ecp).
- Login to exchange server 2013 using Domain\user name as the format for the user name and enter your password.
- Click the link to Servers in the left column, then Certificates at the top right.
- Select your certificate from the menu in the center of the screen (listed by its Friendly Name), and then click the “Complete” link located in the right column.
- Enter the UNC network share path to where your certificate file is located
- Now the certificate should be successfully installed on your exchange server.
- Now, you should enable your certificate for use, go back to the Certificates section of the Exchange Admin Center, highlight the certificate you want to use and click the edit (pencil icon)button.
- Click the Services option on the left side.
- Select the services for which you would like to enable your new certificate “SMTP“,”IMAP“,”POP3“,”IIS” , and click Save.
Exporting to your ISA Server
When exporting your certificate, make sure to include all certificates in the certification chain, when prompted. Otherwise, your certificate will not work properly.
1,506 total views, 2 views today