Guide To Install SSL Certificate on Exchange 2010
After you generate CSR and received the certficate file from the vendor :
You can follow the steps to install the ssl certificate on Exchange Server 2010
Installing with the Exchange Management Console
- Download and open the ZIP file containing your certificate. Your certificate file will be named [DOMAIN NAME].cer.
- Copy the [DOMAIN NAME].cer file to your Exchange 2016 server’s network share folder .
- Go to Exchange Management Console : Navigate Start > Programs >> Microsoft Exchange 2010 >> Exchange Management Console.
- Click the link to “Manage Databases” On the right pane, and then go to “Server configuration”.
- Select your certificate from the menu in the center of the screen (listed by its Friendly Name), and then click the link in the Actions menu to “Complete Pending Request”.
- Browse to your certificate file, then click Open , then Complete. If you got error “The source data is corrupted or not properly Base64 encoded.” , Just Ignore the error.
- Now, its time to enable the ssl certificate for use, go back to the Exchange Management Console and click the link to “Assign Services to Certificate”.
- Select your server from the list provided, and click Next Button.
- Select the services for which you would like to enable your new certificate, click Next >> Assign >> Finish.
- Now the SSL certificate should now be Installed and Enabled for use with Exchange server 2010.
Exporting to your ISA Server
When exporting your certificate, make sure to include all certificates in the certification chain, when prompted. Otherwise, your certificate will not work properly.
1,640 total views, 1 views today