What is GnuPG Keys and cPanel Encryption
GnuPG is a publicly available encryption scheme that uses the “public key” approach. With GnuPG, messages are encrypted using a “public key” however, they can only be decrypted by a “private key”, which is retained by the intended recipient of the message.In cPanel you can use GnuPG Encryption scheme for encrypting your email message.
How to setup Email Encryption in cPanel
- Login into your cPanel control panel.
- From your cPanel home locate Email section and click Encryption icon.
- from Encryption Page under Create a New Key:
- Your Name:Type the name you want seen during secure communications.
- Your Email:Enter Email address you will use with the pair of keys.
- Comment or Nickname:enter a short description like what about of this key pair.
- Key Password:Enter Key Password, enter the password you desire for the encryption.
- Confirm Password:Re-type the key password.
- Expiration Date:enter the expiration internal ,1y (1 year) 3w (3 weeks) 5d (5 days) 0 refer to (No expiration date).
- Key Size:Select from drop-down list the size of the encryption key. Please note that bigger number means better encryption.
- Click the Generate Key button.You will see Key is being generated. This may take a few minutes.
- After short time the green message “The Key has been successfully created.” will appeared.
- Now on the bottom of the page you can see list for Public Keys and Private Keys list belong to encrypted emails.
- Under each list you can use from actions View link to view the PGP PUBLIC KEY and PGP PRIVATE KEY.
How to import Existing GnuPG Key
- Click the Import Key button at the bottom of the Encryption page in cPanel.
- Copy the key code you want, and paste it into the text.
- Click the Import button.
How to use GnuPG Keys and how GnuPG Keys Work
First you have to know that your GnuPG private key is secret and you have to keep it out from everyone,but the GnuPG public key you can send to anyone .
how GnuPG Keys Work
To send to someone encrypted email , first you need to obtain the receiver public key and perform the encryption ,the receiver must use his own private key to decrypt the email.
If you want someone to send you an encrypted email, you need to give them your public key. Once they send the message, you must use your private key to read it.