What is cPanel Default Address
cPanel Default address is a tool that allow you to catch any email message that is sent to an invalid email address for your domain.
How to setup and catch email message using default address within cPanel
- Login to your cPanel account.
- from your cPanel home , navigate to email section then click Default Address icon.
- In the Default Address Maintenance you have the following options:
- Send all unrouted email for the following domain: select that domain you want to configure from the drop-down list.
- Now you have option to tell the system what to do when receiving invalid email address form the domain:
- Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message.Failure Message (seen by sender) :Select this option if you want to allow the system to send an error message to the sender. type custom error message in the Failure Message text box.
- Forward to Email Address:choose this option to forward mail to another address.
- Advance options – Forward to your system account:check this option to forward mail to the system account.
- Advance options-Pipe to a Program:Forward email messages to a program at the path that you define in the available text box.
- Advance Options – Discard:Delete incoming email messages without a failure notice to the sender.
- Click Change button.