This article show how to Restart Service in cPanel from interface or using SSH command line
Restart Service in cPanel HWM
WHM allows you to restart the basic services included in hosting server , Most common of those services are:
- DNS Server: translates domain names to IP addresses so browsers can load resources.
- FTP Server:Standard communication protocol used for the transfer of computer files.
- (Apache) HTTP Server:Most commonly used Web server on Linux systems.
- IMAP Server:Internet Message Access Protocol.
- (Exim) Mail Server: Is a mail transfer agent (MTA) used on Unix-like operating systems.
- (Mailman) Mailing List Manager:Is a system for managing electronic mailing lists.
- PHP-FPM service for Apache:FastCGI Process Manager is a web tool used to speed up the performance of a website.
- SQL Server (MySQL):Is an open source relational database management system.
- (OpenSSH) SSH Server:Is the premier connectivity tool for remote login with the SSH protocol that encrypts all traffic.
To Restart Service in cPanel for one of those services :
- Login to your WHM control panel.
- Navigate to Home »Restart Services .
- Select the service you want to restart as example”DNS Server“.
- You will get confirmation restart message “Are you sure you wish to restart this service?” , click Yes button.
- the service will restart and you will get service name restarted successfully.
Restart Services using SSH commands
There is two way to restart cPanel services from SSH command line
- The first is to use the service command to issue commands to the service you wish to work with. For example: service httpd restart This will issue a restart command to Apache.
- The second would be to directly interact with the init script on the server. An example of this would be, /etc/init.d/httpd restart This will issue a restart command to Apache.
service httpd restart /etc/init.d/httpd restart