What is Roundcube webmail
Roundcube is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface. It provides full functionality you expect from an email client, including MIME support, address book, folder manipulation, message searching and spell checking.
Roundcube Change Identity Issue
Roundcube has an option to change identities , this will allow the user to create another identity and send it to another as fake email . This can be discovered by checking the header of sent email ,but in most scenarios its better to disable this option.
How to change Roundcube Change identities access level
Login to your server using SSH connection protocol, and run the command
You have to change $config[‘identities_level’] default value from 0 the options are:
- 0 – many identities with possibility to edit all params
- 1 – many identities with possibility to edit all params but not email address
- 2 – one identity with possibility to edit all params
- 3 – one identity with possibility to edit all params but not email address
- 4 – one identity with possibility to edit only signature
change it to value “3” and save the file.
Important Notice: when WHM system Update its revoke the changes and set the value back to “0” to preserve the changes run the following commands from SSH connection :
Then Modify the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/postupcp and add the following piece of code
replace “$rcmail_config[‘identities_level’] = 0;” “$rcmail_config[‘identities_level’] = 3;” — /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/config/main.inc.php
4,006 total views, 10 views today